Located about 900 kilometres west of Alice Springs and 1575 kilometres north east of Perth, Blackstone sits in the foothills of the Blackstone Ranges in the Ngaanyatjarra Lands.
Traditional Owners: Ngaanyatjarra people (On 29 June 2005 the Ngaanyatjarra Lands native title determination recognised Ngaanyatjarra people as exclusive possession native title rights of approximately 187,000 square kilometres in the Gibson and Great Victoria Deserts. )
Languages: Ngaanyatjarra, Pitjantjatjara
Population (ABS 2016 Census): 153
For more information, see:
- Papulankutja Artists
- Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation
- Shire of Ngaanyatjarraku
- Ngaanyatjarra Media Aboriginal Corporation
- Yarnangu Ngaanyatjarraku Parna Aboriginal Corporation (Registered Native Title Body Corporate)
- Ngaanyatjarra Lands School
- Ngaanyatjarra Health Service
Greater Western Australia
News, stories and information from the Greater Western Australia region.
Toll-free number: 1800 079 098
Fax: 08 9324 2731